Amended Election Notice-2017
Upon special request of the Nepali Women’s Global Network (NWGN)CA Chapter and the availability of proper venue for the election, NANC Election Commission has amended its previous Election Notice dated January 7, 2017 and schedule the election of following positions for the NANC Executive Committee 2017-018.
|Day of Election:||March 18, 2017, Saturday|
|Voting time:||8:30 AM to 6 PM|
|Venue:||Om Mandala Hall
440 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
President – 1, Senior Vice-President – 1, Vice-President – 1, General Secretary – 1, Treasurer – 1 and Executive Members – 8
Secretary and a Joint Treasurer shall be nominated by the new Ex-com pursuant to the current bylaw.
|Membership Drive till:||March 10, 2017|
|Voter List Publish:||March 13, 2017|
|Protest/Appeal/Error Correction of Member/s:||March 14, 2017|
|Final Voter List Publish:||March 14, 2017|
|Candidate/s Nomination Filing:
– Nomination form/s can be filed in person at any time to any election committee member with required documents and fees.
– Such forms can be scanned and emailed to the Election committee chairman at email@example.com. The nomination fee must be received before the deadline with original form signed by the candidate/s along with supporting documents.
|March 11 – 12, 2017 Saturday-Sunday|
|Candidates name list Publish:||March 12, 2017 after 6pm|
|Protest/Appeal against candidate nomination:||March 13, 2017 before 2pm|
|Withdrawal of candidacy/nomination:||March 14, 2017 before 2pm|
|Final candidate/s name list publish:||March 14, 2017 after 6pm|
Vote counting, and declaration of elected officials will be followed immediately.
President – $300.00,
Senior Vice-President, Vice-President, General Secretary and Treasurer $200.00
Executive Members – $100.00 Check shall be payable to NANC
Contact address shall be used for physical meeting only. 1585 University Avenue, Berkeley
|Election Committee Chairman:||– Yagya Nepal (916 595 8638)|
|Election Committee Members:||– Dhruva Thapa (510 710 4438)
– Sher Lama (415 627 8530)
– Yan Rai (415 260 5758)
– Balram Acharya (415 919 9662)
1. Copy of Valid ID and NANC membership evidence must be attached along with Candidate’s Nomination Form.
2. All candidates may submit their protest/appeal against any candidate or withdrawal in person to any of the election committee members.
3. NANC general membership forms with appropriate fees shall be handed to the outgoing General Secretary – Kailash Thapa (510 207 4510), Secretary Roshan Adhikari– 562 387 6940 or Treasurer- Rambabu Acharya (415 794 0154) before the deadline.
4. The person who handed such membership forms shall enlist the name, address, membership dues and other info of the members in Excel format to be provided by the NANC to help keep record conveniently.
5. NANC general membership/renewal application form must be signed by the concern applicant unless it is done online.
6. Proxy vote is not allowed.
7. All voters must bring their valid photo ID and evidence of residence in Northern California to cast their votes.
8. Any other question/issues arise during the election shall be directed to the Election commission.
9. Any valid general member of NANC may file his candidacy for the election.
10. Candidate must strictly follow the NANC bylaw and this codes of conduct during the election campaign.
11. Candidate shall not make any baseless personal allegation or defamatory statement against any other candidate/s in any manner.
12. Any fraud or unlawful activity of any candidate found by the election commission may disqualify the candidacy of such person.
13. Anybody may report any illegal or unlawful activity of any candidate or member regarding this election to the election commission.
Amended and Published on January 25, 2017.